Interiors / Exteriors – Design Engineer
Educational Qualification: B.E./B.Tech. (Mechanical / Automobile)
Experience: 5 - 7 Years
Tools: Expertise in CAD tool CATIA V5 - GSD (Advanced Surface module), Solids, Assembly, Drawings. Practitioner in MS Office Applications
Skills and Abilities
- Working Experience on Interiors, Exteriors, Black plastic components using Catia V5.
- Sound knowledge in packaging and feasibility study and master section creation.
- Capable of executing the activities within the agreed timeline.
- Expert in plastic product design and tooling.
- Knowledge in benchmarking and cost reduction.
- Knowledge of prototyping, manufacturing and assembly processes of Interiors/Exteriors.
- Design product to cost targets.
- Good understanding of GD&T.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working on Interiors & Exteriors plastics for New & ongoing product development/Engineering change management.
- To understand the Customer requirements, Studio styling criteria and manufacturing requirements and develop 3D CAD models which meet appearance and functional requirements.
- Design and development of Interior & Exterior Trims from concept to final design as per the design requirements
- Developing B & C surface from Class A surface and designing required attachment features (clippings, snaps, doghouse).
- Design of Interior/Exterior system parts which includes Hard trims, Soft Trims, Headliner, Door Trims, Console and Instrument Panel, Bumpers, Fascia, Grill, Cladding, Spoiler, Roof Bar etc....
- Participating in design review meetings and provide solutions.
- Identification and resolution of design related issues during development till release.
- Releasing CAD data to using Teamcenter & WERS(Worldwide engineering release system).
- DPA(Digital pre assembly) checks on packaging components.
- Ongoing Product Development/Engineering Change Management: Working on OEM Release process which includes design change and assembly level updates checking Drawings (GD&T and Engineering CAD and Drafting Standard)) per standards.
- Coordinate with Team Leads, Project Managers and Onsite Engineers and execute the activities.
- Demonstrate good customer and cross functional relationships.
Desired Skills (Nice to Have):
- FORD NPD/OPD process, Change Management.
- Learning capability, Good attitude & Flexibility to work in different projects.
- Knowledge in Team Center, WERS and Vismockup.
- Problem solving skills (8D / 6-sigma).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.