BIW Fixture Design Engineer
Educational Qualification: Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Production engineering
Experience: 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
Tools: CATIA V5 / NX / FIDES
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in concept design of Geo stations, Re-spot, Grippers
- Experience in 3D finish, 2D detailing and quality check
- Awareness of Tier-1/OEM Design standards
- Knowledge of tolerances and materials. Sound ability to understand and use GD&T
- Knowledge and understanding of sheet metal manufacturing processes
- Exposure to Welding Lines Process & Layout (Spot Welding, ARC welding)
- Understanding of standard BOP selection and familiarity in pneumatics, sensors and other integration elements
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Possess proactive approach, good analytical, presentation and problem solving and skills.
- Good team player
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop concepts, 3D finish and 2D detailing of BIW fixtures
- Performs basic engineering calculations to verify design integrity
- Perform quality checks
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.